A company car is a benefit that lots of employees now look for. If you get a company car, though, you need to make sure you take excellent care of it. Whilst you’re not going to be expected to fix it if things go wrong, some basic maintenance will make sure that you are able to drive your car without any worries and give it back in excellent condition. Here is a brief checklist to follow:
- Make sure you know who to call if there is an emergency. If you break down or your car is involved in an accident, there will be somebody that you need to notify so you can get help. Keep their number to hand and make sure you know exactly what you need to do.
- Never miss services. Whilst it won’t be your responsibility to schedule in services, you will need to make sure that you car does attend its service. Keep its records up to date to show you are looking after it.
- Check your tyre pressure. You can do this easily at a garage.
- Make sure you have windscreen washer fluid. You don’t want to run out during the winter, so get into the habit of topping it up on a regular basis.
- Get your car cleaned regularly. If you don’t want to do it yourself, have it cleaned at a garage that you trust. This will help to keep the paintwork looking good and will prevent dirt from building up inside the car too.
- Make a note of any issues. If you spot anything that you think could be wrong with your car, no matter how small, make a note of it. Monitor it if it’s not too serious and if it persists, tell your employer immediately.